Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunny in Minnesota

Today is gorgeous here in Minnesota. Spring is (hopefully) officially here and I'm excited about the opportunities for this summer and the fun I will have with my 2 year old. Following are a few FREE ideas we will take advantage of this year:

- WALKS. What a great way to stay in shape, teach your little ones about the world and spend some great time together. Make a game out of it... give your kid a page of items to look for on your walk like a bird, mailbox, bunny, bikerider...
- STORYTIMES. Our local library has weekly story hours. Reading to your kids is important both in their development and spending quality time together.
- THE BEACH. Free water is always a blast. Take your kids to the local beach for a free afternoon of fun. Run through the water, pick shells, build sandcastles or just have a picnic by the water.
- FARMERS MARKET. You don't need to buy anything to "window shop" the farmers market, but you may want to pick up a few fresh veggies or fruit.
- FREE MUSEUM DAYS. Most local kids museums have free kids days. Ours is the 3rd Sunday of the month. Take advantage and save some bucks! My only recommendation - go early. It gets crazy late morning and early afternoon!

Have fun this spring and learn to enjoy each other without spending any money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm 33 years old, a wife of 12 years and mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy. My hobby is coupon clipping, saving money and getting great deals! Join me on my adventure.